38. A Brit walks into a bar in New York – with Megan and Simon Bucknall – Transcontinental Overload
Hello, I'm back! Today I don't have just one guest, but two! Married couple Megan from the US and Simon from the UK are on the show to tell us their story and share some insights into the differences between their countries."Great Britain and America are two countries divided by a common language" – this famous George Bernard Shaw quote couldn't be more true.Megan grew up near Austin, Texas, moved to California after college and then to New York, where she met Simon from the UK, who had taken the opportunity to leave his home country for a job posting in the US. They talk us through how they met, and how their different backgrounds have influenced their relationship and decisions. Topics include language and behaviour, US vs. British dating rules, and of course, food! British vs. US dishes, spices and special traditions, such as turkey two ways.In case you're still wondering what Yorkshire puddings are, here's a link to provide more information! And equally so for Tamales. I just didn't have room in the episode. See you next time!
- 38. A Brit walks into a bar in New York – with Megan and Simon Bucknall
- 37. Presque French – with Paul Taylor
- 36. German Adventures – with Stephanie "Steffi" Montague
- 35. The transient life of an army nomad – with Brigitta Perez
- 34. A rollercoaster of love – with Corinna Emery
- 33. French bias in the USA – with Marie Thouvenot
- 32. "You go me on the cookie" – discovering Germany with Dana Newman
- 31. Turning your life upside down (does anyone read the small print?) – with Cath Brew
- 30. From Nebraska to Tanzania – with Brenda Kimaro
- 29. The dangers of stereotyping – are our differences cultural or character driven? – with Sundae Schneider-Bean
I Need You!
If you’re interested in being a guest on my show, let’s talk! I can’t wait to hear your story. Or if you just want to drop me a line with feedback or suggestions, this is the right place!