32. "You go me on the cookie" – discovering Germany with Dana Newman – Transcontinental Overload
My guest today is Dana, an American in Munich, Germany. Dana is a seasoned YouTuber, and her channel, Wanted Adventure, is an absolute favourite of mine. She is also the author of a really funny and insightful book about learning German, You Go Me On The Cookie!, which we talk about at length. It's only published in German at the moment, and is a wonderful reminder for us German native speakers that our language is full of wonder and contradictions. Other topics of conversation include (of course) the love story that brought her to Munich, weird and wonderful birthday and cake traditions, the many degrees of bubbly water, and German windows. Other than on YouTube, you can also find Dana on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. She also has a Patreon page, plus a super cute gift shop – take a look! Her book, You Go Me On The Cookie! is widely available – how about a little support for your local book shop?
- 32. "You go me on the cookie" – discovering Germany with Dana Newman
- 31. Turning your life upside down (does anyone read the small print?) – with Cath Brew
- 30. From Nebraska to Tanzania – with Brenda Kimaro
- 29. The dangers of stereotyping – are our differences cultural or character driven? – with Sundae Schneider-Bean
- 28. Standing your ground in Egypt – with Carol El Hawary
- 27. Finding home (and your expat super power) in an unexpected place – with Nicole Palazzo
- 26. A little anniversary message
- 25. Finding your strengths in the transience of expat life – with Katherine from Bad Days Abroad
- 24. Loving your global life – with Martina from Almonds & Sunset
- 23. Dreams, wanderlust and the power of intuition – with David McNeill from Expat Empire
I Need You!
If you’re interested in being a guest on my show, let’s talk! I can’t wait to hear your story.