34. A rollercoaster of love – with Corinna Emery – Transcontinental Overload
My guest today is Corinna, a fellow German in the US. Corinna currently lives in Cape Cod with her American husband and two children, although they hadn't planned to live there, and might still up sticks and relocate.Corinna's story resonated with me on so many levels – being married to someone not from your home country, trying to make it work in one country, but missing another, relocating and doubting your decisions… but you just keep going. And Corinna and Ben's love story is a truly mesmerizing one! Corinna also has some great tips for traveling with children, and how to stay sane and survive as a couple when you experience so many different situations together. As you will hear in this interview, this woman is a fighter – I mean, who founds two businesses while traveling with kids, no long-term plan and no home to return to?!I'm so excited to share this love story with you. If you want to find out more about Corinna and her travels, go to her Instagram. And of course, check out Corinna's businesses:Ryde and Roam, children's vintage wear The Caep, phone accessoriesIf you're a German expat or someone who speaks German, here's another podcast for you, Muttersprache-Podcast, hosted by Monique Menesi. Check it out!
- 34. A rollercoaster of love – with Corinna Emery
- 33. French bias in the USA – with Marie Thouvenot
- 32. "You go me on the cookie" – discovering Germany with Dana Newman
- 31. Turning your life upside down (does anyone read the small print?) – with Cath Brew
- 30. From Nebraska to Tanzania – with Brenda Kimaro
- 29. The dangers of stereotyping – are our differences cultural or character driven? – with Sundae Schneider-Bean
- 28. Standing your ground in Egypt – with Carol El Hawary
- 27. Finding home (and your expat super power) in an unexpected place – with Nicole Palazzo
- 26. A little anniversary message
- 25. Finding your strengths in the transience of expat life – with Katherine from Bad Days Abroad
I Need You!
If you’re interested in being a guest on my show, let’s talk! I can’t wait to hear your story. Or if you just want to drop me a line with feedback or suggestions, this is the right place!